Ben Dominguez is married to Rosa M. Dominguez, who is a retired school district professional. He has five sons and ten grandchildren. He has been a resident of Las Cruces since the summer of 1963. He is a Vietnam veteran, having served in the United States Navy for four years as a PO2 Electricians Mate.
Professionally, he holds a Bachelor degree in Business Systems Analysis from New Mexico State University. He is a retired Director of the Las Cruces Public Schools with 25 years as Director of Information Systems and 6 ½ years as Director of Materials Management.
As a community member, he has been involved in the following:
- Served as PTA school president.
- Started first parent advisory council in Las Cruces district with J. Paul Taylor.
- Member of the Field of Dreams initial task force.
- Founding member of J&K user group for computer software.
- Coached soccer, t-ball, and baseball teams.
- Served as president of football booster clubs at two high schools.
- With a Booster club member, brought 50/50 fund raising to New Mexico.
- Chaired several fund raising committees.
- Current member of St. Albert Newman Center Foundation committee.
He is currently serving as President of the Governing Council for New America School–Las Cruces.